SEL Program For High Schools Florida
These are the 5 SEL competencies that promote a more balanced life
Social emotional learning, SEL, is a process through which you can learn and manage emotions to live a better, healthier, and more balanced life. In many teaching facilities worldwide, an SEL curriculum for high school students is often established to enhance their capacity to integrate behaviors, attitudes, and skills that will help them deal with daily tasks and challenges effectively and ethically. It is something that, even though it should be learned at a young age, is meant to last for a lifetime.
To generate positive youth development (PYD), Black Social Belt has developed an SEL program for high schools in Florida. It has five different integrated competencies that promote cognitive, interpersonal, and intrapersonal skills. All of these are taught through our program, developed by Dr. Cortman, and Michael Keelen.
Competencies of the SEL program for high schools in Florida
The following are the five core competencies that our top of the line SEL program for youths in Florida focuses on. We believe that after going through our five-hour course and the materials we provide, the students will be able to have better management in:
- Self-awareness: This is the ability to recognize your own emotions, feelings, values, and thoughts and how they influence your behavior. The goal is to assess your strengths, but also your limitations with confidence and optimism.
- Self-management: Not every situation is appropriate for every behavior; therefore, by learning self-management, you can regulate your emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in any given case. This means managing stress, impulses, and motivation. In school, it is also how you set and work towards your academic goals.
- Social awareness: Learn how to put yourself in someone else's shoes and empathize with others, even if they are from different backgrounds or cultures. Social awareness is also about understanding ethical and social norms.
- Relationship skills: This skill is about establishing and maintaining rewarding relationships with other individuals and groups. It involves clear communication, listening, cooperation, resisting social pressure, constructively negotiating conflict, seeking, and offering help when needed.
- Responsible decision-making: The SEL program's final competency for high schools in Florida is making decisions in a responsible way. However, the choices have to be made based on ethical standards, safety concerns, and social norms. A realistic evaluation of the consequences of our actions and the consideration of ourselves and others' well-being is also related to this competency.
Social Black Belt promotes social emotional learning program quality assessment. In other words, the students, teachers, guidance counselors, directors, and anyone involved in the program will be accompanied throughout the entire course. This is to ensure that they are receiving all of the promised benefits we have set out to deliver for you.
If you are interested in more information about our leading SEL program for high schools in Florida, contact Social Black Belt at 941.777.5790, or visit our website https://thesocialblackbelt.com/. We are ready to answer your questions about any of our services.